Friday, May 23, 2008

LATFC for Dummies


As a new crop of faculty join us this Fall, these eager newbies must be initiated into the fine dining experience of LATFC. To save time and trouble and stomach ills, we instead must offer a single resource that sums up what they need to know about The Faculty Center.

Yes, a whole chapter must be devoted to the Zen of Lem(on). We need other chapter possibilities, and then we'll accompany it with a CD of the theme song. So much to do, so little time ...

6 comments:

k said...

I vow this: with every ounce of my being I will work to protect the new faculty from ever facing the horrors of lunch (or any other meal) at the faculty center!

Hollander said...

There is a special chapter in LATFC for Dummies devoted to K. Oh the fame ...

Kristen said...

I would appreciate at least a side bar on Conrad Fink, who apparently eats at the FC. He has scared me for nearly two decades. I plan to avoid him. But, if I knew for example that he loved gardening or some such, then I'd have a topic ready if ever we are face-to-face. That would be really helpful!

Marta said...

LMAO!

Hollander said...

Don't worry, Kristen. Fink even scares himself.

Hollander said...

Lunch today at home, grilled cheese with the kids. Just back from the beach, recovering, shaking sand out of clothes, wondering why the hell we got all these shells we'll never use, tossing various things back in the attic, realizing that *damn* I have to teach in a few days, pissed that my brand new car got whacked by a hunk of lumber on the interstate, still getting sand out of places where sand should never be found, and then hoping there is booze still in the house.

Plus, *damn* I gotta teach in a few days.

Damn.