Thursday, May 1, 2008

Last of the Lemon

Thursday is lemon bar day. Okay, so Friday is lemon bar day too, but only for leftovers. On this the last Thursday of the 07-08 academic year, I had the final lemon bar and closed my eyes, letting the Zen of the moment progress.

Today's bar: high in lemonocity, low in taste and texture.

Yes, lemon bar fans, I suspect the Powers of Lemon read this blog and added a dash of lemonocity to their recipe. The result was less than satisfying. Cloying is a better word. Disappointing, while still lemony.

Hume and I had lunch, Hollifield showed up later, making it a 3-H gathering. We got to talking about department cultures. "What culture is your department?" she asked.

"The culture of a strip mall," I said.

And thus ends the semester...

3 comments:

Karen Miller Russell said...

Hollander, if you don't stop writing about lemon bars I'm going to stop reading this blog.

Mark E. Johnson said...

What this blog - what the world - needs are more writings about lemon bars.

If all the bloggers in the blogosphere only wrote about lemon bars, imagine how we could change the world!

Pucker up, people - it's time for a Lemon Zen Assault.

Hollander said...

Not only will I continue to write about lemonocity, I argue that lemon bars deserve a spinoff blog, one likely to fail and then we'd see lemons sneaking back, taking cameo roles, trying desperately to recapture the magic that was the original lemonness of LATFC but instead forced into B-List appearances on game shows and local cable access channels.