Friday, May 2, 2008

LADeP (Lunch at DePalma's)

A couple of "real" journalism people invited me to lunch downtown, so we met up at DePalma's Thursday. They chose an exterior table, which was fine excepting for the noise. Nice day to be outdoors.

Conversation wandered around the curriculum status of Grady (both are alums), future plans for growth and their needs in their current positions of power.

I ordered an Italiano Panini with a side salad. The sandwich was filling, if a little plain and dry. I added the included tomato and lettuce leaf to the second half of the panini, but it didn't improve things much. For the salad dressing (just lettuce and one quartered tomato), I went for the jalapeƱo-citrus vinaigrette. A little bit of warmth from the peppers, but nowhere near enough citrus. 

Maybe if they crumbled a lemon bar on it ... 

3 comments:

Hollander said...

A lemon bar makes all things better.

Indeed, I may now call them the Karen Russell Memorial Lemon Bar.

Karen Miller Russell said...

Johnson, I know you brought up lemon bars just to annoy me, but why, oh why, did you have to use the phrase "future plans"?

Mark E. Johnson said...

Because, at the moment, they have no plans. In the future, they intend to have a plan. I choose my words very, very carefully.

Or, at least, I can explain them in exquisite detail after they've tumbled out of my fingers.