Wednesday, April 16, 2008

By way of introduction

Certain non-professional ("hack") bloggers fail to explain anything in their posts. Allow me to correct that.

Soon-to-be Grady faculty member Kristen Smith pointed out to LATFC staff bloggers that April is national poetry month. She challenged us to write a haiku in celebration of the poetry that is the Faculty Center. Hence, Hollander's hack poetry.

Today, we go beyond the initial challenge to include a limerick that celebrates our adoration for both the Faculty Center and our most prolific commenter.

There once was a faculty member
Who left LSU in September
She starved half to death
& had meatloaf on her breath
From eating lunch at the Faculty Center.

2 comments:

Hollander said...

I can't tell. Who is this limmerick about?

k said...

Listen. I'd rather starve to death than eat there. Heck, might do me good for my figure. I can't believe you guys actually eat there. Don't drag me into your mess.