Wednesday, April 9, 2008

From A Distance

Okay, it was only 15 feet ... watched as Hollander, Hume and Hollifield ate at another table. Which sounds more accusatory than it needs to be, because I was there first eating with David Noah.

He reported the Chicken Supreme over rice is his favorite meal of the week. I'll have to ponder what mine is, but I don't think it's the Sicilian Casserole. It's serviceable, but not extraordinary. Meatloaf, perhaps the pepper steak. I'll have to think on this.

6 comments:

Hollander said...

Don't worry, in your absence (if only 15 feet away) we talked about you.

I had the made-to-order penne pasta, red sauce, with some peppers and onions tossed in for effect. Actually quite good. The pound cake, however, was a bit dated and kinda, um, chewy...

Kristen said...

I'm joining the Grady faculty in the fall. The day of my interview, Karen King took me to the Faculty Center. It was a ghost town, but charming -- like they were open only for us. King headed straight for the sandwich cart. I had the ingeniously presented stuffing wrapped in a slice of turkey and some beans. Pretty much only ate the beans. At the end of lunch, King said, "You didn't eat!" I said, "Well, I was talking a lot." Or something.

Karen Miller Russell said...

Another LATFC blogger!! How exciting! Kristen, as soon as you're officially on the faculty, we'll make you an officially authorized LATFC blogger as well. Now there's something to look forward to. That, and the days that you have time to go somewhere else for lunch.

Hollander said...

Welcome to the newbie!!!!

cully said...

Now I really know what you're saying about me. I just haven't cracked the code yet, but I have lots of time and you don't. So there.

cully

Karen Miller Russell said...

Cully, there is no code. This blog really is about mediocre food.