Monday, March 31, 2008

A restrained turkey club

After much anticipation, today I not only got to eat at the Faculty Center, I was invited to blog about it.

I was positively aquiver with anticipation.

As it turned out, the turkey club was unremarkable and therefore nearly unbloggable. I am still buzzing from the cherry cobbler three hours later, though. (Suuuuuuugar!) Furthermore, no comments were made about Johnson's lack of tenure other than to note the lack of comments about his lack of tenure; Hollander made only one off-color implication (not even enough to be called a comment); Russell proclaimed the potato soup "pretty good" and extolled the virtues of mixed-breed dogs (not at the same time); Sweetser contributed her "I can't believe you guys eat there" comment via Twitter approximately an hour before the meal.

I'd just told Hollander's students not to write for others for free unless it's a cause you really believe in, so... ummm... you guys owe me $10 for this post. (What's that? You paid for my lunch and validated my parking and I should shut up? Sheesh.)

3 comments:

Mark E. Johnson said...

Ten bucks? You think we're made of money here in journalism? I thought blogging was all about building community ... You know, hippy stuff ...

Maybe we need to monetize LATFC?

Hollander said...

Definitely we need to monetize LATFC. That way we can afford to buy Mir another lunch...

I was deeply disappointed she didn't go for the country fried steak. It's to die for (in about 30 years from a compacted ... er, never mind -- too much info)

k said...

Now you guys are pulling poor unsuspecting spouses into your nasty tasting lunch club. I just feel sorry for poor Mir. Surely after a guest lecture she deserved East West or SOMETHING downtown. But no.

And after all that -- you make HER blog! Wow.

I can't believe you guys eat there.