Friday, March 28, 2008

Chicken .... elsewhere


Spent Friday grading at the Barnes & Noble and had coffee and a chicken sandwich there for lunch. Not bad at all, though a bit pricey. Herbed fancy bread, some sauce. Decent coffee. Good magazine to read.

That means I missed Friday at the faculty center and its best meal of the week: meat loaf (seen at right, pre-meal, lifted shamelessly from wikiland).
Waiting to see what Johnson does with all those receipts...
Also, there is a chance we may have a guest Monday, if she sticks around after guest lecturing in my morning class.

3 comments:

Kimberly Davis said...

Yeah, I get the grilled chicken on herb foccacia at BN quite often. How often you ask? (Or maybe you didn't but I'll tell you anyway). I eat there so often that the barista know not to let my Reese's cookie rest on the same plate as my sandwich. I finish off with a Jones Depeach Mode, even though they went to a smaller bottle and upped the price (or kept it the same. Still stiffed).

Karen Miller Russell said...

Kimberly, that's nice but not as nice as the fact that the Faculty Center workers lovingly make Dr. Hume's veggie sandwich, and that they know I don't like pickles.

k said...

I can't believe you not only eat there, but you are upset for missing nasty old meatloaf (singer & culinary delight).