Thursday, February 28, 2008

Turkey

Ate a turkey reuben today, the first time I'd had one at The Eatery in a long time. Tasted turkey-like, with undertones of thousand island dressing, bread toasted a lovely shade of brown, just the right amount of sourkraut to give it that wang. All in all, quite good. Hume and I alone, grabbing a quick meal before a department thingy.

And to keep Karen Russell happy, the turkey was boneless. In fact, I think the turkeys are raised boneless -- just a quivering blob of turkeyness waiting for harvest. In Russell's perfect world, all meat is raised boneless. Jello meat.

3 comments:

Mir said...

Dude, WANG? I hope you meant twang.

I so, SO hope you meant twang.

k said...

All meat there is boneless. And probably made in a lab anyway.

I can't believe you guys eat there. Sheesh. Really.

Karen Miller Russell said...

No, in a perfect world meat wouldn't be *raised* at all, it would spontaneously erupt in a garden.