Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Odd Collection of Notes and Notables


What a strange lunch ... two new guests did not know we blog about lunch, while another regular mocked the usefulness of blogging ... sheesh ... 

Russell discussed, at not enough length, her disgust for chicken bones on a plate. Also that she will only eat filet because it has - you guessed it - no bones. (If I thought that would work at home, I would try it. My guess is I'd be told to eat more calamari ...)

I was warned, again, that the turkey tetrazini had set off another colleague's heart attack last year. Though it's commonly believed it was her dining companion more than the meal itself. 

And while we tried to maintain our habit of low conversation, discussion of what was blogable and what was not blogable turned into a ridiculously erudite conversation about literary authors and their editors. 

I blame Greenman for trying to raise the conversational bar. Bringing up Elmore Leonard, really, was that appropriate?

2 comments:

Hollander said...

Speaking of chicken, note the scratch on the napkin. And I'm fairly sure I saw food stains as well.

Yes, the conversation became too erudite. I didn't even have the opportunity to make an off-color comment, nor did anyone note Johnson's tenure status. All in all, odd.

Mir said...

Dude, you're blogging about the uselessness of blogging? That's so meta, they should give you tenure or somethin'.

Or at least a chicken bone.