Monday, February 18, 2008

No, I Don't Want to Eat Elsewhere ...

... but I was wondering if the LaFonda Dogs are still being sold up on Jackson Street. I need to shoot a quickie human interest piece, figured that might work.

Lunch with Hollander mostly (who, in Russell's absence, reminded me I am not tenured), Fink was there, briefly, with one of our visiting professionals. Talk ran to tornadoes and Mythbusters, of course.

Turkey with dressing (which was, as far as I could tell, a liquefied piece of corn bread) and carrots. Should have gone with the Country Fried Steak.

2 comments:

Hollander said...

Always go with the country fried steak -- unless of course the cow fell down on its way to be steakized.

k said...

honestly I both can't beleive that you actually EAT at the faculty club & enjoy it so much you have a blog about it. I really need to show you some REAL faculty clubs up in the SEC.

I still am enjoying reading the blog though. I just have to keep remembering it totally is not even CLOSE to as good as you guys say so I don't get fooled into eating there.