Friday, February 22, 2008

Veggie Tales


I finally tried the veggie sandwhich today. Lots of crunch, maybe too much onion, coulda used more hummus, but overall not a bad thing to eat on a Lenten Friday. Could've been worse. Could've been humus on the bread instead of hummus.

Ate with Hume1, Russell, and pseudo-soon-to-be-but-not-quite-yet-telecom-department-head Hollifield. Fun topics included nursing homes, 50th birthdays, students who don't read their assignments, and the end of the human race.

Okay, I made the last one up, but it fits the rest of the list.

Johnson not present. Absence noted -- two more and he loses a letter grade.


1 Hume paid for her own lunch

4 comments:

Mark E. Johnson said...

I did not see anything on the syllabus about losing letter grades for absences. And while faculty can add things, they must announce it. Therefore, today's absence can not be held against me.

Besides, I was watching my kid deliver a speech at school, have a heart, will ya?

Lunch at Loco's with wife, Cuban sandwich and fries, bucket of Diet Coke on the side. They had just opened and hadn't turned on the heat, was kind of raw inside. Should have sat on the patio, temperature might have been warmer.

Karen Miller Russell said...

Geez, Hollander, how lame can you get? Dropping a **letter grade** because some guy picked his kid over regular attendance? My classes are so popular that if a student misses one, they're dropped from the class and another is added from the waiting list.

Mir said...

I think Johnson gets an extra half a letter grade for claiming ownership over the step-offspring, actually. I'm pretty sure I saw that on a slide somewhere.

Kimberly Davis said...

I gotta' tell ya, the garden veggie sandwich is about the only thing I can eat without disappointment at the faculty center. Although, the experience is greatly defined by who makes the sandwich.