Thursday, February 28, 2008

Different Company, Different Conversation

Ate with Fink and Middleton, conversation was reminiscent of lunching with Greenman - far more intellectual, yet still entertaining.

Fink told tales of his AP past (a prelude to his talk with AP's Michael Giarrusso). Middleton and I nodded and laughed at appropriate moments.

Pepper steak is still not peppery enough, squash and tomatoes was almost all tomato juice. I need to order better. 

Post-lunch conversation with Sweetser leads me to believe we need another rule - Sweetser must comment, daily, "I can't believe you guys eat there."

2 comments:

k said...

You need to not eat there. No such thing as ordering better there.

Hollander said...

Bah ... Sweetser just likes to show off that smart jacket in her photo next to her comments. I have it on good authority she was a regular at The Reitz Union snack bar at UF.