Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Convention(al) Lunch

Large crowd today, the featured topic -- the Democratic National Convention. Much Obama love at the table, some discussion of Kennedy's appearance. And then came the role of women. Hollifield criticized the party's apparent insistence on a "shut mouth spouse wife" instead of letting a woman like Michelle Obama speak her mind.

I'm not capturing the full flavor of the vent, its colorful language and passion and hands tossed about in complete abandon. Shoulda had a video recorder.

Oh, an average day for food. Had rosemary potatoes and other stuff I no longer remember. Edible.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I wanted to tell you that I learned yesterday that the Faculty Center is going to move to the expanded Tate Center. There will also be a food court at the new Tate thing, which sounds like stiff competition for the FC.

Hollander said...

Ack! This deserves a elaborate, detailed post. An investigation. We will have to mingle with the masses.

shudder

Mark E. Johnson said...

NooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I shall not walk that far for meatloaf.

Karen Miller Russell said...

I shall walk past the new faculty center to the new food court. And then I shall take my food into the new faculty center to eat in the peace and quiet.